From CYRUS -
|Courtesy of CYRUS|
|Courtesy of CYRUS|
CYRUS introduces KLEPCYS DICE
An unprecedented monopusher chronograph
capable of measuring two short intervals independently
CYRUS Geneva, the independent Swiss watch brand, enriches its Klepcys collection with a new chronograph model. Christened "KLEPCYS DICE", it is presented in two different versions in limited editions of 50 pieces each.
KLEPCYS DICE is the acronym of Klepcys Double Independent Chronograph Evolution. As its name indicates, it is an evolution of the traditional chronograph. An innovative technical development, our master watchmaker, Jean-François Mojon, has transformed it into a double chronograph capable of measuring two short intervals of time independently or in synchrony. However, it should not be confused with the rattrapante version, where the two hands track the time of two events that start simultaneously but end at different times or indicate an intermediate elapsed time.
The first reports of a double independent chronograph date back to 1873, when watchmaker Arnold Frankfeld registered the development of his 'Double-Stop Movements' at the New York patent office. To our knowledge, there is no more recent evidence of this kind of timepiece.
Since its foundation in 2010, the driving force behind every watchmaking creation at CYRUS is the ongoing "Conquest of Innovation". The bold and distinctive three-dimensional architecture that houses the atypical layouts of all Cyrus watches is only possible using cutting-edge technical solutions. These solutions also ensure excellent levels of reliability and precision.
All these aspects come to life in exclusive limited-edition timekeeping instruments that stand out in the vast landscape of contemporary watchmaking.
Thanks to the brand's independence, its swift decision-making process, its production autonomy and impressive watchmaking know-how, CYRUS is proud to present KLEPCYS DICE. Powered by an exceptional self-winding manufacture movement, KLEPCYS DICE is equipped with an unprecedented double independent monopusher chronograph.
What motivated the creation of a double independent chronograph?
For Jean-François Mojon, the mastermind behind all CYRUS collections, the search for unique solutions that depart from classic watchmaking traditions are the way forward. The motivation behind the creation of KLEPCYS DICE comes directly from the world of sports with which CYRUS has a very special relationship, being “Official timekeeper and Watch partner” of the Uralkali Haas Formula 1 Team.
As Mojon explains: "This modern chronograph is the result of a deep reflection on the role of timing in sports competitions. In many sports, it is often important to measure elapsed times with different starting times. This occurs, for example, in races like marathons or biathlons where athletes do not cross the starting line at the same time or even in Formula 1 - a world very close to CYRUS - where two drivers, during the race tests, start at different times. In events like these, where the starting time is different for every sportsman, the KLEPCYS DICE chronograph can measure the times between two consecutive runners or racing drivers. A similar situation arises in car rallies, where it is common to use two independent chronographs. Our latest timepiece facilitates this operation thanks to the two monopusher crowns, which are essential to avoid any unwanted manipulation."
A bold identity
KLEPCYS DICE comes in a distinctive 26-part cushion-shaped case. With a diameter of 42 mm and a thickness of 16.5 mm, the case is water-resistant to 10 ATM/100 m.
Available in polished grade 5 titanium or black DLC grade 5 titanium, the case undergoes various finishings, alternating polished, satin-brushed and sandblasted surfaces. The case back is sealed with customised screws with the Maison's three-armed helix logo.
Ref. 539.508.TT.A (polished titanium)
Ref. 539.508.DD.A (black DLC titanium)
- Manufacture self-winding movement, calibre CYR718
- Dimensions: 36.00 mm Ø x 11.65 mm thickness
- Components: 443 total - 218 correspond to the chronograph module
- Number of Jewels: 51 total - 17 correspond to the chronograph module
- Annular balance wheel
- Frequency : 4 Hz
- Vibrations per hour: 28,800
- Swiss lever escapement
- Rhodium-plated barrel with snailed ratchet wheel, Cyrus logo and inscription filled with black lacquer
- Power reserve: 60 hours
- Two microbeaded black PVD mainplates
- Bridges: grey anthracite NAC galvanic treatment, decorated with embossed sunray pattern with satin and microbeaded finishing
- New open-worked monobloc rotor with a sunray pattern, engraved with "The Conquest of Innovation", open-worked central medallion with Cyrus helix logo in 18K 4N gold
- Central hours and minutes
- Small seconds at 9 o'clock
- 30-minute counter of the double independent chronograph at 3 o'clock, double hands in red and blue
- Two central chronograph hands; red hand resets-to-zero at 12 o'clock, blue hand resets at 6 o'clock
- Cushion-shaped case made of 26 parts
- Diameter: 42 mm excluding the crowns
- Thickness: 16.5 mm
- Available in the following materials:
- Polished Grade 5 titanium,
- Grade 5 titanium with black DLC treatment
- Crown at 3 o'clock: position 1 to wind the movement; position 2 to adjust time + pusher for activation of chronograph No. 1 (start-stop-reset)
- Crown at 9 o'clock: pusher to activate chronograph No. 2 (start-stop-reset)
- Decoration of crowns: engraved Cyrus logo, black rubber ring embossed with grooves and red anodised aluminium ring on crown at 3 o'clock corresponding to chronograph No. 1; blue anodised aluminium ring at 9 o'clock corresponding to chronograph No. 2
- Sapphire crystal on dial side: anti-reflective treatment on both sides
- Case back: sapphire crystal, sealed with customised screws with Cyrus logo
- Engraving "Limited Edition ONE of 50"
- Water-resistance: 10 ATM (100 m – 330 ft)
- 3D open-worked dial
- Sapphire crystal hour ring with anti-reflective treatment on both sides, bevelled and polished edges, Arabic numerals with white Super-LumiNova with blue light emissions
- Minute markers on black PVD flange placed at 5-minute intervals, treated with white Super-LumiNova with blue glow
- Flange with double scale corresponding to chronograph with 5-minute intervals in red and blue
- Small seconds counter at 9 o'clock: smoked anti-reflective sapphire crystal, white lacquered Arabic numerals at 15-second intervals surmounted by a microblasted rhodium-plated ring, helix small seconds hand with luminescent tip (white Super-LumiNova with blue glow)
- 30-minute counter at 3 o'clock: smoked anti-reflective sapphire glass, luminescent markers at 5-minute intervals, two hands in red and blue with double indications at 15/30 minutes in same colour corresponding to the two independent chronographs
- Lacquered column wheels: red at 12 o'clock and blue at 6 o'clock
- Open-worked hour and minute hands, rhodium-plated with polished edges, treated with white Super-LumiNova with blue glow
- Central chronograph seconds hands: red hand with reset at 12 o'clock, blue with reset at 6 o'clock
· Grey Cordura fabric strap with folding clasp in same
material as case, customised with Cyrus logo
· Additional black rubber strap