As most of you might have learned, Tempus Fugit is going to move from being a "Me" to a "We" in the not-too-distant future with Francis Jacquerye and a soon to be named additional member. Tempus Fugit will be 10 years old on July 5th (I think), and it has probably taken those 10 years to figure out who we are and what we offer.
Over the past few years a few things have become pretty clear -
1. If you are reading this, chances are pretty good that you are not looking for a cut and paste update on all of the newest models.
2. You could probably not care any less about the latest celebrity on the red carpet and what they are wearing.
3. You might find the occasional watch review interesting, but by and large you have lost faith in how accurate those reviews really are.
4. You watched and enjoyed Ford vs. Ferrari not solely for the racing stories, but for the (albeit dramatized) inside look behind the curtains of Ford, Ferrari and Caroll Shelby's racing program. And deep down, you're sort of curious about what things might really look like on the inside of your favorite factory, workshop or boardroom.
5. You either currently work in the watch business, have done so in the past, or would like to.
So a few things that are going to change (yet again) -
1. We will hit the pause button on reviews. They tend to be 10 a penny and with the exception of a few people out there, it's hard to know who to believe. Having said that, if we find a particularly good or interesting one out there? We will be sure to point it out to you.
Having said that, if we feel we can offer a genuinely unique and different view point on a watch, mvt., strap, etc.? Well then that will be a different thing. But reviews for reviews sake are not going to be happening in the foreseeable future.
2. We will list new releases, but unless it really hits an emotional trigger, it will be "just the facts".
3. We are going to try and offer a lot more "Insider Content", with interviews, tours and guest contributors. The two new members of Tempus Fugit are both industry insiders and have a lot to share, and I feel confident that you're going to enjoy it.
4. There will not be any paid advertorial of any kind.
5. All relationships with brands will be revealed.
6. We will accept advertising. Not advertorial, but advertising.
We hope that you will enjoy the new, more clearly defined position that we are taking as a Watch Industry Insider outlet, and welcome your feedback.
For now -