This is something new from the folks at F.P. Journe -
And here's the scoop, straight from the source -
|Courtesy of F.P. Journe|
F.P.Journe combines a rich knowledge of the history of time with the example set by the great masters and modern technologies, in an ongoing quest for precision, innovation and excellence.
The Chronomètre Optimum symbolises the very essence of precision for a wrist-watch. It encompasses the finest components in the history of watch making, reunited for the first time in one watch. The extraordinary technical expertise that has gone into this watch makes its principal quality to give time … with almost absolute precision.
- The double barrel with its two springs ensures stability of the driving force of this emblematic movement made of 18ct rose Gold, a specificity of the brand.
- The constant-force remontoire (patent EP1528443.A1) balances the driving force applied to the escapement to make it constant. By adding an extra gear representing an independent system wound in short spurts by the mainspring, the escapement ensures the balance's isochronism. This remontoire, made of titanium for the first time, maintains its balance in different positions, for greater efficiency.
- The EBHP High-Performance Bi-axial Escapement has also been patented (patent EP11405210.3). This two-wheel direct impulse escapement functions without oil and is the only direct impulse escapement to start up on its own. But not only does it function without lubricant, it also has far greater output than the majority of escapements: 50 hours without loss of amplitude.
- The balance with a spiral with Phillips curve guarantees better stability.
- The back of the 18ct rose Gold movement reveals, a surprising natural dead beat second defined by a seconds circle screwed onto the movement's bridges.
The Chronomètre Optimum comes with a 40 or 42 mm Platinum or 18ct red Gold case, with a white or red Gold dial, on leather strap, Platinum or 18ct red Gold bracelet.